Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Disarm / Dislodge

Doesn't cost mana? Put it here.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Disarm / Dislodge

I know this is something we have tossed around a few times. I lean heavily to the idea that a failed disarm should reduce the parry skill. Logically it makes sense and should someoen stand there long enough to stack 10 failed dislodges, the weapon falls into their invintory or drop if it isn't nodrop because 10 dislodges is eating a whole lot of damage

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Minox's idea is good but I feel that it doesn't add much depth into the game.

Currently the classes that have disarm/dislodge mostly revolve around dirt kicking and knockdowns.
You throw in a skill that instantly removes enemy's parry for 1 tick AND melee damage and you just got a replacement to dirt kicking. Remember, one of the reasons dirt kicking (and blind) is so useful for melee is due to its effect on parrying. Melee PK would revolve around disarm + spam knockdown, which isn't a lot of improvement.
And dislodge continues being useless until shield blocking becomes more relevant.

I will take the opportunity to redo my suggestion:

Beforehand, switching gear while IN COMBAt should grant 1 round of lag. Example:
> Bob switches a dagger for an axe: 1 round of lag
> Bob switches a held item for a wand: 1 round of lag
> O. Peter switches a spear for a bow: 1 round of lag

○ Disarm:
> IF target CAN be disarmed: weapon drops to inventory (which means enemy loses 1 round to wield it again, that's to counter macros)
> IF target can NOT be disarmed: decreases weapon skill and parry by 10% for 3 ticks, effect stacks and refreshes with new casts. If the stacks reaches 100%, wither limb's weapon effect is automatically applied to the enemy. (which means enemy will have to use restore limb or survive without a weapon for 6 ticks)

○ Dislodge:
> IF target CAN be dislodge: shield drops to inventory (which means enemy loses 1 round to wear it again, that's to counter macros)
> IF target can NOT be dislodged: I don't think there will exist any noremove shields, except for quest gear. But if the option is to keep them around, then it should work in the same fashion as disarm but decreasing shield block by 10% and armor class by 20 for 3 ticks, stacking up to 10 times, plus the wither limb effect.

* 2H weapons grant bonuses to disarm and dislodge (like 5-10%)
* The player wielding the heavier weapon receives a 5-10% bonus in the disarm check
* The player wielding the heavier weapon-shield receives a 5-10% bonus in the disloge check
* Offhand items should also be disarmable - be them wands, staves or bows.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Envenom wrote:etc.

I'd like more depth but honestly I think there's just way too many conditionals due no drop, no remove, sticky, whatever flags in that idea. I think simply put: you disarm your opponent, he/she cannot wield their weapon again for X round/tick/whatever. With all these things added, its just even way more OP then 1 tick disarm (which I still think is pretty OP). With the parry/shield block reduction, disarm/dislodge just becomes a sorta catch-all skill that fighters just spam cause that will likely always be the best option to choose. From a balance kinda PoV, I think a solution would be to just have disarm/dislodge have a small chance to do a bit of damage if the disarm/dislodge failed.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm sort of worried that 1 tick disarm would become overpowered when paired with blind (or wing buffet) - which is already an effect most of PKing revolves around.

Getting a disarm and a dirt kick on after-tick before opponent can wield the weapon grants 2 ticks of no-parry.
Now getting a blindness (or wing) and then a disarm would mean a lot more trouble.
Throw a quick curse into the mix and it becomes fighter's heaven.

Side note:
- It might be a good idea shifting 'magic ward' from guild weapons to pride EQ because disarm was one of the reasons sticky was implemented.
Previous

Return to Skills