Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fear

Furries. Sometimes scales. And all spiders should die.

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Fear

For a spell that completely negates third-fourth-fifth attack skills, it seems to land too often in comparisson to normal maledictions.

If I'm mistaken and it has the same rolls as maledictions, then there should at leastexist a viable counter to it. Something like:
- A "remove fear" spell on healers, with a proportional success rate
- While feared, a character can recast "battle focus", "divine focus", "rage", "frenzy" or "soothe" with a chance of cancelling the effect : RP-wise the character would be pulling his **** together

Second option covers all classes with 3+ attacks with the exception of rogues

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Fear

The checks are the same with the exception of the "type" of magic it is. A viable counter is something to discuss, but I wouldn't want it to be a healer. Healers already cause fights to go so long, simply because it's just a little bit of gold to get them to cast the spells. Have a slow/haste interaction would be conceivable...but would you have to land fear twice to get it to override the frenzy-type spell? Also how hard would it be to "refrenzy" after fear has landed?

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Having to land fear twice might end up crippling the spell too much.
Maybe if these spells had the 'remove fear roll' as an extra benefit.
The only issue is with BF/DF/Rage that would need some coding to open the possibility of players with the buff to recast it for the cancel roll.

The difficulty...as hard as it was landing the spell? I'm not really sure how the maledictions heal spells work, but I assume it's something along these lines (plus spell level x spell level and such).

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 am

In the spirit of finding places to make stats meaningful, I believe fear should check against con for a reduction in it's land rate (as I think physical mala's should as well like poison).

Additionally, I believe fear should not disable 3rd, 4th and 5th attack like it currently does, but instead take out your base 1st attack (so it has an effect against casters) and your haste bonus attack. This should still be a net increase to the number of melee attacks against it (as it cripples melee, but has little/no effect against casters).
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Return to Werecreatures