Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

2h Knuckles

Approved ideas in progress for implementation.

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:57 am

2h Knuckles

[ 6] Pank: Monks and two handed weapons
Tue Jan 19 19:56:37 2016
To: all

I've recently picked up a two-handed hand-to-hand weapon and cannot wield
it without removing a shield. Given this is a monk's natural weapon, can we
somehow make it that monks can use it naturally? That's the way templars
currently are with spears. They can wield two-handed spears in one hand and
retain their shield.

Thanks,
Pank
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: 2h Knuckles

Depending on what the staff wants for hand to hand weapon and monks, I can see 2 options imo.

Option 1: Make ALL hand to hand weapons 2 handed but give monks the templar treatment with them able to wield a shield and 2h at the same time. So even old characters that still have hand to hand can still use them but not as proficiently as monk. This makes hand to hand weapons a more unique weapon to monks, this also gives an indirect way to buff monks since their weapon can have 2hander itemization.

Option 2: Make ALL hand to hand weapon 1 handed and forget 2h knuckles ever existed.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:21 am

NoPantsuAndrew wrote:Option 1: Make ALL hand to hand weapons 2 handed but give monks the templar treatment with them able to wield a shield and 2h at the same time. So even old characters that still have hand to hand can still use them but not as proficiently as monk. This makes hand to hand weapons a more unique weapon to monks, this also gives an indirect way to buff monks since their weapon can have 2hander itemization.

This will likely be the fix.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

NoPantsuAndrew wrote:Depending on what the staff wants for hand to hand weapon and monks, I can see 2 options imo.

Option 1: Make ALL hand to hand weapons 2 handed but give monks the templar treatment with them able to wield a shield and 2h at the same time. So even old characters that still have hand to hand can still use them but not as proficiently as monk. This makes hand to hand weapons a more unique weapon to monks, this also gives an indirect way to buff monks since their weapon can have 2hander itemization.

Option 2: Make ALL hand to hand weapon 1 handed and forget 2h knuckles ever existed.

I am also leaning heavily towards option 1, though option 2 would be infinitely easier for me as a builder *sigh*

This would be something, if approved, that the coding would go in for before I got around to changing the weapons. Sorry to our one monk.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Option Three: Leave 1H and 2H hand-to-hand weapons as is (subject to future changes by Dijj), and give Monks the ability to use 2H hand-to-hand as a 1H weapon. This has been approved for implementation.

Return to In Progress