Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Templar mana.

Insert something witty here.

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:26 am

Templar mana.

We all know of the Templar mana. Yes Templar's are considered melee classes but at what point can we
start being realistic. Since I have started imming on DR, I have helped two people recreate from a Templar.
When you ask them why, it's always the mana is unmanageable. What would it take the make Templar's mana
regen a solution, and not a problem. There are guilds where Templar RP is perfect for, yet people hesitate to
try it because they know of the struggle. I'll admit that while the Templar class does look intriguing, I do not
want to play it because I know that the mana is unmanageable and the regen for just general activities is awful.
As someone who plays a barb with legendary low mana I understand that struggle, but my skills don't require mana
either.

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Re: Templar mana.

I agree here, I killed my templar because of the horrid mana regeneration. To me the class is fun as hell, but 5 mins of fun and 10-15 mins to get mana back to 1200 was horrid. I couldn't do it anymore.

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Never played one, but grouped with a few. It's a pretty ridiculous drawback, even for something as simple as eq hunting.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:18 am

I agree. I never play my Templar because the regen puts me off. He's probably still resting at the oasis with 200mana out of 1150mana.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm

That's what happens when an obviously blended class is put into the 'fighter group'

Templars actually cast spells faster than any other blended class (in fact, faster than anything but mages), get a free-bash damaging spells, trip, 'good kick', three attacks, extra protection against negative effects, great self buffs (ordain, bless, frenzy, divine focus), healing...they got so much good stuff when compared to the traditional classes that they do really need a big weakness.

Just rest without divine focus and stack intelligence/wisdom

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:27 am

Even resting fully cancelled, their mana regen is absurdly bad. The only time efficient way to regen mana on a Templar is 'heal mana' at a healer.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 am

I agree Templars are more blended than fighter, based on skillset. The easy fix would be to raise their regen rate and make it comparable to warlock, though they still have "fighter" mana gains. This, I think, would be a reasonable offset for the spells that they get.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I agree absolutely on the Templar issues of mana regeneration. I have a few templars, one of them in the Covenance, which I thought would be a perfect RP class combo, but for the PK portion/EQ hunting(after I got scalped) is really horrid. It would be best if they were created like a bard, more towards blended, maybe they won't even need kick. Among all the fighter classes out there, not so much rely too much on spells, unlike templars. Templars would fit perfect if it was created like a bard. Bards can kick, but no effect to legs, can trip, have unique buffs, and have deathsong, maledictions and last but not least, sleep! Templars have the ability harrow, judgment and inquis, but downfall to harrow, trip/bash lag when dropped to ground, judgment is random maledictions, inquis is great, but drains mana really fast.

Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:53 pm

bump

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:57 am

Kiirion wrote:I agree Templars are more blended than fighter, based on skillset. The easy fix would be to raise their regen rate and make it comparable to warlock, though they still have "fighter" mana gains. This, I think, would be a reasonable offset for the spells that they get.
They would probably have to lose some power to compensate.

Maybe something like decreasing the casting speed of some spells, which would indirectly make their mana last more rounds.
Next

Return to Templar