Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Regen Rates by Class

Title says it all.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am

Regen Rates by Class

Kiirion has provided the regen rates formulas, and I've put them into a spreadsheet for all to view. I'm throwing 4 tables worth of data at you, so please bear with me while I fine tune the instructions.

DR Regen Rates by Class

There should only be a few cells you can actually edit in the entire page as I've locked it down to preserve data integrity (apologies for the bars across the numbers, I can't seem to make that go away, those are the locked cells).

All cells that you can edit are black background cells with white text and an arrow. Click the arrow to make your selection and the values in all tables BELOW THAT BOX will be changed to represent the new values. There are currently THREE boxes you can change:

* Class
    * 1d100 Roll Value
    * Poisoned, Plagued or Both

I will keep a change log to the sheet in a reply below, as well as provide the formula's themselves inside the sheet and in a second reply below.

Please post questions about the data or the sheet itself below. The comments may occasionally be moderated out and stored in a separate post to keep this one clean as discussions are resolved.
Last edited by Some Guy on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 am

Re: Regen Rates by Class

Change Log:

v 1.0 8/5/14 - Added HP Regen Rates, mana will be added later today or tomorrow (it is more complicated as it requires multiple stats (int and wis) to function).

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 am

Formulas:

HP Regen

Con - 3 + level = base
Base + max hp gain(class based) - 10 = initial heal

fast healing: (diceroll 1-100) * initial heal / 100 = fast healing bonus

combined heal = fast healing bonus + initial heal

If poisoned, combined heal / 4 = actual heal on tic
If plagued, combined heal / 8 = actual heal on tic
If BOTH, combined heal / 12 = actual heal on tic

***There may be more, waiting on clarification***
Last edited by Some Guy on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:20 am

Initial Questions:

1) How does the game handle fractional values? Are they rounded up at .5? I will update the sheet to reflect this information once information becomes available.
-PENDING RESOLUTION -

2) Max Class HP Gains - There is a section of the formula I got involving the con_app stuff (Kiir knows what I mean) - Does this value from -4 to 10 get applied to the initial heal rate / con score? I was a bit confused on it and am just seeking clarification. (Does the class based portion of (Max HP Gain - 10) also include that con modifier? If so, my regen rates are all understated as I start at a value of 15 for brevity's sake, and that has a +1 modifier to the value)
-RESOLVED : Correct as is -
-Pending: are the values for standing or resting?

3) Mana Regen Question - You've provided me with a formula for the mana gain range, however there is a vague statement related to "Mana Reliant Class". Which classes are considered a mana reliant class? Does the theoretical racial max value for int and wis factor into the 'max mana gain(class based) - 10' value for the initial regen rate?

If it is as complex as it looks, the mana regen sheet will likely only provide a specific set of conditions for rates instead of a broad matrix like Hp. There appear to be too many variables to factor in cleanly unless there's a chart with the min/max gains like there was for HP.
- Partially RESOLVED : Mana Regen will be built with a select level feature and int/wis will be the x/y on the charts-
Waiting confirmation on 'mana reliant class'

4) New Question - How does being in combat change regen rates for both HP and mana?
Last edited by Some Guy on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 pm

1) I will find out about fractional values.

2) Max HP gains for the calculation of regen rate is based on the class before CON is applied to the gain, if I recall the conversation correctly. This would mean that the values are not affected by the con_app, and only the class_table values(for instance a Mage is 8 minimum, 10 maximum, prior to con addition).

3) Mana gains, as stated, invloves mana reliant classes. I assume this to mean the magic classes and blended classes both, but not the fighter classes. I will determine that at the next available opportunity.

4) There isn't a chart for min/max as far as I am aware for mana gains.

PS: I will reverify this, but the Regen rate listed by this calculation is for RESTING or SLEEPING. Any other position causes a divide by 4 or 2...can't remember which, I believe 4.

Return to This is how it actually fucking works