Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Race chat.

Race unique ideas

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:52 am

Race chat.

I think there should be a race chat to help create racial unity, also a were chat.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Re: Race chat.

Problem is race chat is only really plausible RP wise with lich, who have needed something to bring together the fact they're all connected. Lich have been in limbo as a "race that's an organization without any benefits or guidance" since... well... forever.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:14 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And not for lack of trying.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Honestly, how about a race say command instead of a race channel? Basically a player can learn a finite amount of languages that they can speak at creation. Maybe make this number based on the INT of the char? A char should get common and their race for free then. For balance sake, I would then set 27 = to what ever is determined to be the maximum that a player should know. (Imms get all of them for free.) Then subract 1 or two for each point less. (I.E. 26 = Max - 1, 25 = Max -2 and so on.)

This basically will use a similar gobblldy gook to what vampires talking in their language looks like. If you want to be really slick about it. Give your natural race a fully translated affect. Then give those who speak it as an additional language that were broken speech affect. (Some how I doubt people would like this part though.) Basically you now have accents and all the joy of trying to get someone else to understand you.

I would however give Lichnee and Githyanki a racial 'channel' like IC unique to them though. Gith because they have that inherent psychic thing going on, and Lichnee because they should get a perk. Then the Avatar could speak to everyone at once.

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:39 am

However that would require an incredible amount of back end work to create several new languages, add the systems, change creation, etc.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:32 pm

You know, I wasn't really considering the labor aspects of these kinds of things. Personally I had figured if Vsay exists, why can't Rsay? I tend to think its the coders job to say how hard something is to do or not do, and ours to just toss ideas and see if anyone likes them. And if they do, well that's where priorities vs work required should come in.

I know in the past this was actually on the list of things to be considered for implementation, it just was a couple pages down on the to do list.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:16 am

I really like the idea of race languages. There is already a lot going on at character creation, so if this is implemented I would like to see people be able to learn languages at any stage and not just creation. Perhaps a nice little language school is set up which charges various prices to teach you a language based on your race/intelligence. An elf wanting to learn elven might have a natural affinity for it. This could be through hearing others speak it as a child, or something to do with racial memory/magic. The price for a language should be high, to offset people going and learning them all at the drop of a hat. It should also perhaps be limited to 2/3 per character, or slightly more/less depending on intelligence.

RPing a *******? Don't have him learn languages. RPing a book worm? This would fit right in.

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Right on it Yuneo :)

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:30 pm

What if a ******* is trying to RP a bookworm though?
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

~ Marcus Aurelius

Return to Races