Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Poofin/out for mortals

Archive of ideas that have been implemented or refused.

Post Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Poofin/out for mortals

Is it possible to grant players the ability to enter and exit rooms with a poofin/out message.

I know players with sneak or shadow form can do this already to flavour their RP with emotes. But the players without sneak miss out on this. I think it would be neat if players without sneak could have the option to at least add flavour to their character's RP with either a special emote system allowing them to achieve this, or grant all players an ability to poofin/out.

Just a thought.

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Poofin/out for mortals

Do you mean an emote we get to set as replacement for 'disappears through a portal'? Or as an emote sent when you walk into a room? For the walking ones, that is easier solved using triggers. I've an 'arrive' and 'leave' emote set up to use when ever I think of it.

Poofout (seen by anyone left in the room when I portal):
Yuneo utters, 'gibberish-for-portal-spell'.
Yuneo calls her portal and, like many hundred leaves, blows away on the wind.

I wonder how this would work with Gates. Would it be harder to apply this to something left behind in a room? Perhaps all gates will still look the exact same but the poofout used by the person who made the gate will be applied to anyone entering their gate.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Poofin/out for mortals

For now, I'm only focusing on the arriving/leaving a room. That's how emotes are used with players with sneak. I could set up an emote without sneak, it just means people see me leaving or entering a room.

In terms of using portal, well. your example sounds pretty sweet, and I think again, it is an opportunity to enhance a player's RP.

Return to Archive