Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Sleep for PSI

Those mental people.

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:58 am

Sleep for PSI

I mean, why not. They are the masters of the mind. Sleep spell is a mind spell. So why don't they have it???

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Sleep for PSI

In theory, they cover most other malas, though they're generally rolled up into the harder to land combo malas. There's plenty of bad things they can do to you without having to add sleep in on top of it IMO. If you think they need a buff, a slight increase in some of their land percentages could be merited in that case (as discussed in this thread.)
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Ok ok, I see you're point and it is a good one. So have their mals land easier.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Well, I think that Xun is on the right path suggesting something better for psi's, but I also agree that sleep doesn't have to be it. Psi's are an interesting class because their potential lies moreover in debilitating spell casters. Unfortunately, however, they're just not very good at it in general. So in conclusion we have a class that is set up to take advantage of only part of the classes out there but aren't particularly good at it when contrasted against most other classes. When we get on this site and talk about buffing up classes, it would really behoove of us to focus on psi's, wildmages, monks and warriors before focusing on others. But I digress. Making improvements to headache, forget, and perhaps ensuring that psi's have more of an even ground with melee classes would be a good start, just for balance' sake.
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

~ Marcus Aurelius

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:43 am

Personally I would like to see 'awe' buffed up in some way. As of right now its a calm spell. But for the life of me, I have can't remember it ever landing on anything. And if it did, it landed once out of a possible 100's of times casted on the environment.

What if 'awe' could be used as a self buffing spell as well as a potential calming spell on opponents. With it in effect, the psi would be able to land their unique spells such as headaches, forgets and so on.

RP behind it. The psi is filled with an over-confidence tapping into the greater recesses of their minds to cast their mind spells.

I dunno... thinking out loud.

Return to Psionicist