Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Guilds

Those colorful people.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Guilds

After the Lilith quest, two Dawnings were kicked out for participating. I'm not sure the exact reason they were given, but whether it was to protect other Dawning from retaliation, or just because they took part in killing another person in the game (even though it's Lilith), they were kicked out. This raised a lot of eyebrows on the game.

[OOC] Kaspell: 'Why would anyone be able to kick someone out of their guild for
participating actively in the game?'

[OOC] Corwin: 'THat's my argument right now'

[OOC] Ravindra: 'ooc'ly, that is arse. IC'ly, I could guess that it's been done
because the Dawn were worried about counter attacks or something. Either way,
it's still arse.'

Well, that's not neccesarilly a lot of eyebrows but that's not counting Zepana or Artem's feelings about it either.

As per Kaspells argument earlier, why aren't inactive members of guilds, namely PK guilds, kicked out of guilds for
NOT participating in the game? Especially at this point in the game, sharp weapons are IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of. You can join a guild or recreate as a mage and have a chance to win one maybe once every 3 months in a quest. That's it. So these people who are ACTIVELY NOT PARTICIPATING in the game, and I'm talking about you people in CR and Inferno who haven't fought in months or years, get to hold onto their guild weapons for doing absolutely nothing? I don't understand it. Defend your guild, complete a contract, do -something-. Otherwise, I argue you are just as subject to being booted as Artem or Zepana, just for the exact opposite reason.

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: Guilds

Flestiraef wrote:As per Kaspells argument earlier, why aren't inactive members of guilds, namely PK guilds, kicked out of guilds for
NOT participating in the game? Especially at this point in the game, sharp weapons are IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of. You can join a guild or recreate as a mage and have a chance to win one maybe once every 3 months in a quest. That's it. So these people who are ACTIVELY NOT PARTICIPATING in the game, and I'm talking about you people in CR and Inferno who haven't fought in months or years, get to hold onto their guild weapons for doing absolutely nothing? I don't understand it. Defend your guild, complete a contract, do -something-.

It's not the point of the idea forum to debate intra-guild issues, so I'm asking everyone to please focus on the above quote for purposes of this conversation. If you're involved in the non-quoted portion, then feel free to speak to the appropriate staff for any questions or concerns.

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Re: Guilds

Flestiraef wrote:As per Kaspells argument earlier, why aren't inactive members of guilds, namely PK guilds, kicked out of guilds for NOT participating in the game?

I agree with you but this is pretty much the case for every guild, honestly. I can't remember the last time I've seen people in Dawning actually online for more than 10 minutes a week, it's a dead guild. Inferno by design basically does nothing until someone else pays them to do something. Literally nobody cares about PK enough to give CR anything to do. I'm not sure what Aequitas or Arcaenum are supposed to be doing and I don't think Gypsy have an imm but surely they do something that just never comes out to the world at large and stays locked in a vault somewhere for their eyes only.

I guess the big question here is how much "commitment" and "participation" a person needs before they finally lose the rank/status/respect they've been carrying but never maintaining. In the same line, is all game participation equal? Is an Active and Participating Dawning someone who stays online just to be alert if questions are needed? Do they need to do something more? Actively write tutorials or guides or something? If nothing's happening, do CR need to actively stir up PK, or are they fine with sparring or something? How does an Inferno stay "active" with no contracts? If we're just going with "be online and chatting at Kalane's", then so far the current state of things is more or less a-okay.

Return to Clans