Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Headache/E drain

Those mental people.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Headache/E drain

Headache - A spell used to reduce the mana of the affected char on tick. Duration - one tick. From what i've seen, it takes off about 2-300 mana. So....the problem is it cast cost upwards of 300 mana to land(20 per cast). My recommendation is make it a tad easier to land(though not much).

Similar, E-Drain is atrocious to land. It's really powerful, so it shouldn't land easily, but it's essentially to the point I refuse to use it because it is a waste of mana. This holds true for warlock as well, I think(same spell...so yeah)

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Re: Headache/E drain

I mean check it, but I have always heard that E-Drain has the same chance of landing as blind....

Headache, I say change it to be like atrophy, easy one tic hit, that takes off between 20-50 mana (still only last 0 hours)

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: Headache/E drain

I believe Xun has a good idea regarding headache, but I think it would make more sense for the spell to be only moderately difficult to land, reduce a moderate amount of mana per tick, but last 3-6 ticks and not be stackable. It may even make sense to be followed by a cool-down period, depending on its effectiveness in reducing mana.

In my experience energy drain is most definitely not as easy to land as blind, and as Kiirion pointed out, the cost vs. average times of casting to land renders it ineffective. It's a catch 22 because while it seems impossible to land, reducing 50% of your opponents mana at the beginning of a fight is incredible if they are a pure spell caster.
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

~ Marcus Aurelius

Return to Psionicist