Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pivot

Doesn't cost mana? Put it here.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Pivot

Pivot--or some other, better name

Allow a melee class to pivot from one enemy to another. Basically, if you're fighting a group of mobs (PvE) or a PC with a summonable/charmies (PvE), you could make a check (related to parrying?) and move past the most immediate opponent to one beyond it. It seems like something that has real mob-hunting and PKing applications, especially for classes without a blind that lasts longer than one tick.

I wouldn't want it to be easy, like rescue or something (although if you can rescue an ally, it seems like you should be able to pivot past an opponent), but it would be nice if the option was there, next time I'm fighting a druid and/or the hydra and/or a druidic hydra.

Probably dex and strength would both be factored in, as well as, perhaps, size/weight of opponent being pivoted past. But those are just rough implementation ideas I'm throwing out because that seems to be the thing lots of people on the forums do; whatever makes the most sense on the code/implementation/balance end.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: Pivot

I was also thinking: maybe because the mob/player you pivoted past is now technically behind you, you might take a hit to avoidance against that mob/player. 10-15% range? Something non-negligible, that makes it something you have to think about doing.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 pm

So would it just change your target until you change it again (or the opposition rescues) or would it be for a limited duration of time?

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:03 am

I imagine it changing your target until you change it again (or the opposition rescues). That seems cleaner to me.

Return to Skills