Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Soul Gem Bonus Weekend Feedback Thread

Everything else, basically.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Soul Gem Bonus Weekend Feedback Thread

Hey Folks!

We just wrapped up our first soul gem bonus weekend / boon event, and I want to know what you all think!

Overall, 38 soul gems and 55k in bonus gold went out. I feel the gold bonus drops are about in the right place, but the gems seemed lower than I had expected. What did everyone else think?
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Re: Soul Gem Bonus Weekend Feedback Thread

Some mobs I still had to kill 5+ times to see a drop, which was sad panda.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:17 pm

A lot of drops did seem fairly low from what I was seeing as well, but the gold wasn't bad. No complaints there.

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm

One thing with tracking gold with the event (and holding those modifier rates values steady), is I can use the gold gained as a way to track general activity vs soul gem drops. Hopefully over time that will help us fine tune all of the rates to something that is a fair.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 am

I was not terribly systematic but I didn't have any objections to the gem rates I saw; if I were ballparking it, I'd say I got a gem for every 2.5-3 mobs I killed. I didn't notice the gold that much, but I also wasn't focusing on it (and, like with the gold weekend, it sort of reminds me how few high level mobs actually generate much in the way of gold).

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 am

I was thinking about boons and how to motivate people to get them. Since it's soul gem weekend, I think the reward might be appropriate if it was a gem (and some gold) instead of just gold. I found quite a few of the boons, but I think I only got one gem from killing the mobs to find those boons. A guaranteed gem if I found a boon would be better motivation for me (and hopefully others); the gold, on the other hand, was not a terribly significant part of my motivation. Hell, maybe even a gem of the mother, a gem of the elder brother, and a gem of the younger brother, since those might have some RP value to people who play religious characters. Although having a Rhian or Syrin soul gem is... weird. But still.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:06 am

I'd be good with a soul gem, how about it just be 'a unique soul gem', and keep it as a wildcard gem. There's no limit to how many of them you can turn in at a time, but the only way to get them is through boon turnins.

Return to Game Commands and Functions