Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Shadow Brand

Doing it from behind.

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Shadow Brand

I was batting around ideas for rogue skills/spells, and finally came up with something maybe workable as a possible replacement for battle focus.

Shadow Blades: Last as long as battle focus, maybe a bit more, costs the same as well. Dispellable. Instead of giving a hit/dam bonus, the skill gives the rogue's attacks a chance to ignore parry and shield block. Fluffed/desced as the rogue turning the blades into shadow to pass through the physical defenses of the target. How high a chance I'm unsure of.

Leave feedback, yo.

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Shadow Brand

I think that sort of stuff would fit better a shadow-based class. Maybe warlocks or an entirely new one.

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Skillnames could be tweaked or something obviously. The point would be to emphasize the rogue trickery aspect to get in past their opponents guard.

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm

I can't see rogues wanting to replace battle focus. I like the idea of the spell itself.

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 am

The thing is...rogues don't have battle focus.

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah, seeing as they're a melee style class without a melee buff, I would be pretty damn OK with them getting an ability that helps to mitigate some avoidance. They're meant to be quick, dirty fighters, and I feel more abilities need affect overall avoidance (both positively and negatively assuming we start to modify the rates temporarily).
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:02 pm

You're right, I was still thinking warlocks. (It does sound like a warlock spell!)

Return to Rogue