Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reverse Rescue

Doing it from behind.

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Reverse Rescue

Most fighters jump in front of their friends to protect them from danger.

A rogue shoves somebody in front of themselves to save their own ***.

Forces whatever is fighting the rogue to redirect their focus to the target.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:17 am

Re: Reverse Rescue

I 100 percent support this idea.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:21 am

This would work like rescue though, right? The person 'reverse rescued' would already have to be in combat?

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 am

Only players, or also mobs?

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm

I love the idea myself, though I'd be curious on the specifics for the interactions.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Depending on how it plays out I think it might end up either not any better than rescue, or possibly abusive. All situations assume the rogue is in combat, because being able to do it out of combat would basically be forcing people into fights, which would be fairly busted.

Players, able if out of combat: Most obvious use I can think of: getting people killed. Not sure on the practicality outside of being annoying/funny.
Mobs, able if out of combat: Can trivialize fighting some enemies by using reverse rescue over and over, sending passing-by mobs to wear them down.
Players, only if same combat target: Would likely be used as a weird rescue (rogue leads, reverses backup in to tank). Would this any more interesting than rescue in practice, though?
Mobs, only if same combat target: Most common way to get mobs fighting the same target is charmy army, how would this be different than having a mob rescue you?

Return to Rogue