Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Mortal Run Guilds

Those colorful people.

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:32 am

Mortal Run Guilds

Broad topic. What are your thoughts on limited imm involvement in the guilds? IE, the mortal leaders control the guild and the imm is only really there to ensure guild RP is followed as well as provide imm services(such as echos, or running a quest for xxxx reason).

There is quite a bit of detail that i'm leaving out here, intentionally, to see where morts want to take this, vice my own personal thoughts.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Mortal Run Guilds

Fully support. Most guilds have a strong mortal side to it, and know how things should be run, or would only need a little guidance to firm things up.

There will be some instances where yes, a guild imm may need to put in some legwork to move things forward, but it gives them time to work on ideas for maintaining forward momentum with plot arcs on both the mortal and immortal parats.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:56 pm

So, Arcaenum has a template for imm involvement that I think could be adopted by the other guilds. Essentially, the imm has the same "voting power" as a mortal leader. This would basically be used in deadlocks, and things like that.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:58 pm

That works as long as that is not abused like it had been in Arcaenum in the past. It was, as far as I know, a one off occurrence, but NPCs should never have a vote.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Oh this is a new system that Zalyriel put in. I can't say anything about the past systems.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Ah alright, I can't comment there, I just know of things from the past.

Would mortals be able to be given guilding rights, or would that still be reserved for the imm as well? (Disclaimer: I'd assume the use of this would be policed to prevent fuckery, etc)

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:09 pm

I would have to ask Zalyriel if it would be possible to "grant" guilding rights to a mort. But as it stands, I believe the coding for guild command is 57+ only.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 am

I would love to see this implemented more. For a whole lot of reasons.

1) Mortals can do more = more interesting game with less 'mother may I' crap to deal with.
2) Things can move faster and an Imm needing a holiday becomes less of a show stopper.
3) Many friends of mine who have made the transition to Imming mostly stop playing their morts. Imming is time and emotion consuming. Stepping in as Imm to a guild where a significant chunk of the work is being done by players might give Imms more time to actually play their own morts or to scheme out quests etc and at the same time morts have more to do. It is such a win-win.

and the big one for me:

4) It has happened time and time again in multiple guilds that a new Imm arrives and ends up driving off players for IC reasons (I won't get into all the OOC stuff that happens). Gypsy and Arcaenum over the last .. 6 years or so are prime examples of this happening. Leaning more towards mortal run guilds would help with this a great deal, particularly in terms of reducing drastic policy changes within a guild with each transition and in terms of player/Imm differences becoming less important since Imm is mostly just part of a Council. To give an example of Arcaenum and how the older system can faulter, you have this bunch of people who are meant to be great at magic, inverted to keep their stuff secret, and in many cases with inflated ego's and mini-God complexes. Every couple years this random person with lots of power turns up and goes 'I am your leader now' and everyone is supposed to be ok with this? Imm entrances have been done in a variety of ways, some which actually fit in great and make the transition easy, while others have been lacking and in no way inspire anyone to follow. The new system helps with these issues and I would completely encourage other guilds to adopt a similar format.

And to address Some Guy's question about NPCs voting: yes it did happen a couples years ago. It was, in my opinion, an Admin move to force an agenda they wanted. Most of the people involved are no longer around so I'm not going to say any more about it.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm

I think this is a great idea. Realistically, immortals don't do dirty work, they can just act like a god. We pray to the immortals for their guidance as mortal leaders run the guild. For the recruiting portion, I would say mortal leaders get the final saying, in an RP setting, mortal leader can pray for an audience in making the passing recruit a member of the guild through RP, but if the immortal assisting is not the guild immortal, he can always be invis as the mortal leader does the ritual, if the guild immortal is on, then, he/she themselves can do the recruiting. Yes, the immortals can run the RP/Quest portions, say something to the mortal leaders as the mortal leaders start RPing with his comrades. Just an idea.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:39 am

Speaking of mobs in guilds... a mob prog could allow a mortal (with a special 'set' recog by an imm) to hand out guild equipment and set guild spells. It would not be able to guild a member or set rank.

Return to Clans