Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 am
Syntax: cast <deafness> <target>
Flavor: Bards are able to render their opponents deaf from manipulating the frequencies of their battlesongs.
1. A deaf character is considered in quiet mode* while under the effect of the spell.
2. While in the same room others are speaking or casting spells, roll a saving throw to comprehend it (no saves while blinded).
3. Interactions with NPCs and monsters have a 25% chance of failing due to poor communication = heal might fail, charmies might not respond...
4. Spellcasting also has a 25% chance of failing because of...poor spelling ("You mispronounce an arcane syllable")
* I really don't remember everything quiet mode does but basically: no tells, no channel messages, no grouptells.