Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Knocked Over Mobs

Archive of ideas that have been implemented or refused.

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:31 am

Knocked Over Mobs

I think that mobs that are on the ground (trip/bash/etc) should have a somewhat sizable AC reduction, possibly around 25%. It provides an addition thing for someone to do to change the damage output of a group, and with the AC changes, some mobs are very challenging to hit. This could also provide a boon to people leveling.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:56 am

Re: Knocked Over Mobs

Knocked down enemies seem take increased damage. Same for blinded ones.

But then that's based on observations, there's a chance it's only RNG.

I wouldn't mind if they suffered penalties to dodge because mobility is heavily impaired in that state.

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:52 am

Yeah, I've noticed there's *some* sort of bonus, but I'm not sure how it works entirely. I think it would end up being better to make it a known, very useful thing.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 pm

I am not opposed to this idea.

Maybe also some kind of penalty when the mob is blind also.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Blind is already too attractive. Won't even comment about the PvP part, but it disables a couple of MProgs on PvE.

In the same fashion, knock downs can disable a lot of dangerous monster abilities.
Ever tried killing the master ghoul without lockdowns? It is gas breath 24/7.

I also forgot asking an important question: how much hitroll were you running?

Because with the AC changes, caster classes with 'traditional caster equipment' will naturally have a harder time landing their attacks but then...casters have their attack spells, don't they? Let fighters take care of melee and casters...cast their spells and occasionally get their vorpal hits. Missing too much? Frenzy, bless and faerie fire are all good ways outside of having to rethink your gearing.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 pm

I was running ~60-65, in a mismash of leveling and level 50 gear on a melee character. I was noticing miss rates of up to I'd say 60-70% against some mobs.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:26 pm

(Side note: If you see blind disabling an mprog, note to builder. Older mprogs have that problem, but newer ones have ways around it. However, some mprogs are meant to 'fail' when a mob is blind, so if you see something that just seems 'off', please send a note.)

When it comes to boss mobs, they can be running over -1000 ac, to give you an idea of what you're going up against.

I agree with Envenom when it comes to blind. Being knocked down is going to last a couple rounds and that's it. Being blind can be a much longer duration and already hits you hard enough as a player. If the blind affect was only to mobs, I'd be feel less icky about it.

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:18 am

I believe it's all a matter of tweaking a few numbers on the AC vs HR part.

-1000 AC is way too high, players would need 200 HR to have a 50% chance of hitting that.
These high end mobs need their AC severily tunned down otherwise only casters (and rangers) will be able to beat them.
An alternative would be giving these mobs different values for each AC (say -1000 magic, -300 slash, -400 pierce...), which would create an incentive for occasionally switching weapons instead of wielding vorpal 24/7.

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:07 am

Which is true, but it's also why I was thinking something like a knocked over -25% AC debuff could be in order. It would vastly raise your damage output potential as your to hit will spike...for 1.5-2 rounds of melee. Yes, some mobs require you to do it because you'll get drubbed by casts otherwise, but not all, and it gives multiple melee in combat something more to do than have everyone spam kick (meaninglessly).

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:33 am

Envenom wrote:I believe it's all a matter of tweaking a few numbers on the AC vs HR part.
These high end mobs need their AC severily tunned down otherwise only casters (and rangers) will be able to beat them.

That's around 80 mobs, and 4 values per mob. So 320 numbers to tweak. I'm always open to new builders, by the way...
Next

Return to Archive