Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Envenom

Doing it from behind.

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Envenom

You knew it was comming.

Full Syntax: envenom <item> <target>

Mechanics:
1. Envenom <weapon> - adds poison flag to weapon in the same fashion as the poison spell

2. Envenom <consumable> - replaces consumable's properties with 'poison'
Example: a potion/edible item with level 30 'haste' 'giant strength' would have that replaced by level 30 'poison' 'poison'

3. Envenom <consumable> <target> - same as before but poisons a specific consumable in the target's inventory; saves throw and lag like steal; isn't shown to victim

It has always bothered me that rogues can throw poisoned daggers but can't poison their weapons.
I'm fine without the #2 #3 parts but they would add an interesting alternative to stealing: instead of grabbing the items from someone's inventory, replace them with poison so that when the opponent actually needs them, he ends up crippling himself. Just imagine someone using a potion of sanctuary/flying after being dispelled and being poisoned instead. It's a guaranteed "Fucking rogue and his rogueish tactics!" moment. Totally fits the class concept.

And it would work wonders if the attributes overcap was removed. ;)

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Envenom

I don't look forward to facing it, but I like the idea!
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:11 am

Rogues could stand to use something extra. I like the idea of this being a multi-trade skill that requires some hard work.
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

~ Marcus Aurelius

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:15 am

I also think that the percentage increase of backstab needs to be increased drastically.
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

~ Marcus Aurelius

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:38 am

Why note make envenom a tradeskill specifically for rogues?

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 am

A trade skill would be my next suggestion: allowing rogues to craft different poisons to go with the skill.
It sure as hell would make the ability a lot more versatile.

Return to Rogue