Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Divine Focus vs. Other Battle Buffers

Insert something witty here.

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Divine Focus vs. Other Battle Buffers

Give it a bonus to hitroll and damroll instead of the +4 str/dex and +2 con. As a matter of good form those stats are bound to be maxed anyway. Compared to Rage, divine focus is a crappier buff that has the bonus downside of being dispellable. Even battle focus gives hitdam better than what Templars can boost themselves with (10/10 vs 8/8 from frenzy), BF just lacks haste.

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:38 am

Re: Divine Focus vs. Other Battle Buffers

Don't Templars get frenzy?

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:08 am

They do, so let's look at them again:

Rage: 10/10, gives haste, rage up and you're ready to roll
Battle Focus: 10/10, need to haste up
Divine Focus, 0/0, gives str+con instead (woo nobody who's properly built cares), needs to frenzy up for merely an 8/8, can be dispelled off you.

One of these things is crappier than the others, and I'd trade the worthless stat pluses for something actually meaningful. Why does a fighter and a fighter-hybrid class (both monk and templar) get a raw deal compared to the other fighters?

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:16 am

That's a pretty good comparison on them, especially given equipment bias to strength and dex anyway (If you're not capped you're generally wrong, and most people are overcapped hence the stat capdiscussion). Monk I could... halfway understand given how their abilities work, but with a Templar and their incredibly limited shelf life on being useful in any sort of encounter (PvM or PvP), I don't see why they take the hit/dam hit.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Rage is beyond comparisson. It's pretty much the only thing that makes barbarians unique.

Divine Focus is really competitive with BF if you take overcapping into account. That said, they're pretty balanced until attribute overcapping is fixed.
Also, you aren't taking into account that templars also get Bless, which is usually 2-3 points higher than what people often get from wands (-4 or -5).

Finally, templars have that extra saving roll against maledictions. That's not an offensive buff but if we take into consideration how PK revolves 90% around landing a malediction, that extra roll becomes pretty damn powerful.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Envenom wrote:Finally, templars have that extra saving roll against maledictions. That's not an offensive buff but if we take into consideration how PK revolves 90% around landing a malediction, that extra roll becomes pretty damn powerful.

This is pretty much a non factor in anything PvE at this point in the game (where maledictions are only an annoyance, generally), as there is no interest in PK. By in large, Templar strike me as tuned ONLY for PK, and in a real gimmicky all or nothing way as well (if you run out of mana -> You die). They really need some sort of other consideration (how I don't feel I'm totally qualified as to say how) to make them a more rounded class than quasi melee with some disjointed and oddly tuned skills.
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

Return to Templar