Welcome
Welcome to darkrisings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Deathrot/Questrot

Archive of ideas that have been implemented or refused.

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 am

Re: Deathrot/Questrot

I personally am not up for the whole repair you go based on the damage taken during fights and after. However, I think as a compromise and for the possibility to not fear losing our gear due to death or knockout. What if we only had to repair our gear if we're ko'd, or killed. All items after being knockedout or killed will be dropped 20% or something.

I'm not sure on how much a full set of gear will cost to repair for the gear to be back up to 100% integrity, but instead of charging the player based on how rare an item is (quest) or how good the stats are on a stock item, maybe the incur fee will only increase as your gear loses its integrity. So an item at 25% less efficiency will incur a minor fee, compared to an item at 75% less efficiency which will understandably cost a decent portion of gold.

I'm just not convinced we need a system which causes us to gold run constantly just to repair our gear based on damage taken. But I would be willing to fork out gold if I was to get ko'd on a quest, or repair my gear after getting knocked out after a spar.

As usual, rambling as always.

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Re: Deathrot/Questrot

Pending implementation/code change:

Deathrot - The amount of items this will be used on will be reduced but not completely taken away. Also, the chance to rot on death will be reduced from 100% to 25%. Deathrot will be removed from ALL quest eq. Continue reading for the reason why.

Questrot - The trigger for questeq to rot will be changed from KO, to death. Due to this change in the trigger, deathrot is not required anymore. The chance to rot on death will be 40%. This also makes Brawler obsolete, so I will be looking for ideas on how to alter brawler and make it worthwhile now as well.

These are preliminary values and can be changed as we continue testing(testing will be live, by morts).
Previous

Return to Archive